MassHire Franklin Hampshire Career Center is a Business Service Center for employers. The Business Service Team (Biz Team) is here to assist with your business and workforce needs. Our professional staff will work closely with you to understand your business goals and customize a service plan to fit your needs.
Business and staffing needs analysis and planning: The Biz Team will help you identify and evaluate your business needs and direct you to the most appropriate local or state services.
Biz Team Contact:
Penni Menard or
MassHire Franklin Hampshire Career Center can assist with training your current or new employees through:
- On-the-Job Training, Apprenticeships, and other Work Based Learning Programs
- Massachusetts Workforce Training Funds – State grants to employers for training of current and newly hired employees.
- Workforce Opportunity Tax Credit – The WOTC is a Federal tax credit incentive that employers may receive for hiring individuals from certain target groups who have consistently faced significant barriers to employment. The main objective of this program is to enable targeted employees to gradually move into self-sufficiency as they earn a steady income, while participating employers are compensated by being able to reduce their federal income tax liability.
- Career Pathway Programs – We collaborate with employers and our workforce partners to support career pathways such as the Manufacturing Sector Initiative, Medical Assistant Pathway, Health Care Pathways, and the Diverse Teacher Workforce Coalition. Contact us to learn more.
MassHire Franklin Hampshire Career Center has access to multiple sources of information on the Franklin Hampshire Workforce Area, regional data, or Massachusetts workforce and economic data. The Biz Team can prepare specialized reports to assist in your business and recruitment planning.
The Biz Team can connect you to the Massachusetts Biz Works program which offers a wide array of business assistance services for business expansion and growth, financing, tax credits, workplace safety, etc.
The Massachusetts Rapid Response Team can offer alternatives to closing a facility and laying off employees. If layoffs are inevitable, measures can be taken to lessen the impact on the company and the workforce.
- Work share/wage sharing – WorkShare offers a smart alternative to layoffs. Employees work reduced hours while collecting unemployment benefits to supplement their lower wages. WorkShare can reduce your payroll costs and maintain your valued workforce.
- Meet with you and your employees to help ease the transition – learn about the Unemployment Assistance Program, Career Center services, connect workers to available jobs.